Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Office Posters

Well … I am not talking about my office’s poster, rather these are the poster that I hung earlier in this week on my office room wall. My wall looked very much empty. So empty that I felt somewhat uneasy. Feeling uneasy about a room is not a good thing, specially if the room is your office room, where you spend almost your whole daytime. To diminish the unease and (of course) to beautify my room, I decided to decorate it with some posters.
Deciding to decorate the wall with a bunch of posters – is the easy part. Which posters to use – is the hard part. The poster shops are full with the posters of car, flower, actor-actress etc. But sadly those are not my type. I wanted to display some posters which reflect myself. So I decided to design my own posters! Now comes the part – Which posters to use? Well … I wanted to display three kinds of posters – one is about Bangladesh and the famous-renowned Bangladeshis, one is about my profession.
I opened Inkscape and tried to create some, and it finally lead me to design ten posters!
The first category is about Bangladesh and renowned Bangladeshis. In this category one poster is about the first national flag of Bangladesh. And the rest of the posters are featured the famous and influential persons like Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhashani (a popular political leader), Jagadish Chandra Bose (a Bengali polymath: a physicist, biologist, botanist, archaeologist, as well as an early writer of science fiction), Kazi Nazrul Islam (a Bengali poet, musician and revolutionary who pioneered poetic works espousing intense spiritual rebellion against fascism and oppression), Muhammad Shahidullah (a famous Bengali educationist, writer philologist and linguist) and Muhammad Yunus (a Bangladeshi nobel peace prize laureate).
 
After i post dis note in my facebook the 1st comment was ..:অসাধারন। রবীদ্রনাথ অনুপস্থিত কেন?
 
রবীন্দ্রনাথ কেন অনুপস্থিত? সহজভাবে বললে আমার পছন্দের মানুষদের তালিকার মাঝেই রবীন্দ্রনাথ অনুপস্থিত! পোস্টার ডিজাইনের ক্ষেত্রে আমি আমার প্রিয় বাঙালিদেরকে অগ্রাধিকার দিয়েছি। এখন এক্ষেত্রে একেকজনের পছন্দ একেক রকম, তাইনা! কারো পছন্দ রবীন্দ্রনাথ কারো বা রথীন্দ্রনাথ! তাছাড়া আমি কবিতা পড়ি-টড়ি না, বেশ ভয় পাই, কবিতার অন্তর্নিহিত ভাব বোঝার মত সুচারু মস্তিষ্ক আমার নেই। সেজন্য কবি সমাজকে সমঝে চলি। কিন্তু নজরুল ভিন্নকথা, তাঁর কবিতা আমাকে সবসময়ই কেন জানি টানে! ভাব বুঝলেও টানে, না বুঝলেও টানে। আর বাংলা সাহিত্যের ক্ষেত্রে আমার পছন্দ-না-পছন্দ অন্যরকম, ঠিক গতানুগতিক না (সবারই নিজের পছন্দসই একটা ব্যাপার থাকে)। রবীন্দ্রনাথ বা জীবনানন্দের চেয়ে দ্বিজেন্দ্রলালকে আমার বেশি ভাল লাগে - কেবলমাত্র তাঁর একটা গানের জন্যই। উনি যদি জীবনভর আর কোন কিছু না লিখে কেবল এই গানটিই রচনা করে যেতেন, তারপরও তাঁকে আমি পছন্দ করতাম। আসলে আমি ব্যক্তিগতভাবে মনে করি "ধন ধান্যে পুষ্পে ভরা" - গানটি আমাদের জাতীয় সঙ্গীত হবার সব ধরণের শর্ত পূরণ করে। অন্যদের কথা জানিনা, কিন্তু গানটি শুনলে আমার নিজের শরীরে এক ধরণের শিহরণ জাগে, মনে হয় 'সকল দেশের সেরা' দেশটির জন্য জীবন দেয়া মোটেও কোনও কঠিন ব্যাপার নয়! আবার সাহিত্যিক হিসেবে রবীন্দ্রনাথ বা শরৎচন্দ্রের চেয়ে হুমায়ুন আহমেদ - উপেন্দ্র-সুকুমার-সত্যজিৎকে ভাল লাগে। অন্যদিকে ছড়া জিনিসটার খুব ভক্ত আমি, যার ফলে সত্যন্দ্রনাথ আর সুকুমার হচ্ছে আমার খুবই প্রিয় সাহিত্যিক। আসলে পছন্দের পুরো ব্যাপারটাই আপেক্ষিক। আমার এই আপেক্ষিক তালিকায় রবীন্দ্রনাথ নেই! :(
তাছাড়া দেয়ালে একটা বাড়তি ছবি টানাবার জায়গাও থাকতে হবে। :P অবশ্য আমার দেয়ালে ছবি টানাবার জায়গা থাকলে রবীন্দ্রনাথের আগে হুমায়ুন আহমেদ - সত্যজিতেরই জায়গা আগে পাকা হবে।



 

No comments:

Post a Comment